Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wishing you a SWEET holiday

You may remember back in September when I made this halloween house card, I mentioned I was also going to make a gingerbread house. Here is how it turned out.  I used The Cutting Cafe' House template for the card and also used the new Cutting Cafe' Gingerbread Boy and Girl printable stamps for the sentiment that's on the tag.  This stamp set also comes with a super adorable cutting template for a gingerbread boy or girl.

The roof of the house is glittery Doodlebug Designs cardstock but it's a little difficult to see in the photo.

On a much different note.  Have you seen these limited edition cookies in your local grocery store?  I feel obligated to WARN you on how delicious they are!  You can imagine that for me to get out my camera and set up a mini photo shoot JUST for these cookies, they must be beyond good.  Think of them as two Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies with an Oreo cookie in the middle.  Ahhh...now you understand!  If you see these at your store I suggest you grab at least three boxes because you'll be sad you didn't.  But, your waist line will not thank you OR me!  Do I sound like a commercial?  tee hee  I promise, no one in my family or any of my friends work for Nabsico!  If you buy them, please let me know what you think.

Supplies for Gingerbread House Card: 
House template and printable sentiment:  The Cutting Cafe'; Cardstock:  Doodlebug Designs, Papertrey Ink, DCWV; Pattern Paper:  Papertrey Ink; Stickers:  Doodlebug Designs (gingerbread man, heart), Jolee's Boutique (candy cane); Ribbon:  M&J Trimming; Pom pom trim, pipe cleaner: own stash; Rub on:  Cosmo Cricket; Rhinestones:  K&Company; Stickles Glitter:  Ranger; Punch:  McGill; String:  DMC


Happy Creating!  Thank you for stopping by for a visit!

12 comments:

AVinNYC said...

What a great card- I see why "L" likes to dine with it! I'll have to check out those cookies... maybe I'll take them to SFS and his roomies- I bet they'll LOVE them! Thanks for the hint!

Daniela Dobson said...

Kay, I love this!!!!! So adorable. I love houses and I don't think I have this template!! ♥♥♥
I haven't seen the oreo cookies, I will have to look for them.
Have a great day!

Courtney Baker said...

Yum those cookies look awesome, and how cute is that card! So cute!

Ingrid said...

Tee hee.....you and your sweet tooth....I can imagine you love these cookies. We do have Oreo cookies over here, but I don't think we'll get this limited edition too. Better for me! ;-) Love your card, sweetie. It turned out adorable. You always rock the Cutting Cafe templates/stamps.

xoxo

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness Kay...your gingerbread house is darling...absolutely darling!

MMmmm...those cookies sound delish..

Regina Easter said...

first let me say your house is just to adorable....how incredible you are girl..secondly hum gotta get me some of those cookies..i bet they would taste good crunched in some vanalia ice cream....

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!

cnelson said...

What a yummy post! How cute is that house?!!! LOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!
About those cookies...I'm addicted! We discovered them last Christmas and could literally devour a whole package of them in one sitting. As soon as I saw them out this season I bought several packages and sent one to my daughter in Paraguay as part of her Christmas package. They are like Thin Mints on steroids!! YUM!!!

Lea L. said...

Oh my goodness Kay....this is so so darling!! I just love that cute little gingerbread man...and the heart & pipe cleaner smoke coming from the chimney! Such a ca-ute detail you added!

And I think it is a good thing I don't really care for Oreo's...those could be dangerous!

Have a great night!
*hearts;Lea

Linda Suurbach-Lammers said...

Hi Kay,
I'm Linda a friend and colleague of Ingrid.
I thought I'd take a look on your blog, love your creations!!
And mint fudge oreo cookies....mmmmmmmmm hihihi.

Love Linda

Courtney Baker said...

Hey just wanted to drop back by and let you know I tried those oreos except with the white chocolate. SO DANGEROUSLY GOOD!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness, so SO cute Kay! Love the pom fringe and, of course, that fabulous gingham ribbon!

Gee, thanks for the enabling! LOL! Aww man and I'm such a sucker for Thin Mints too!

(-: Heidi