Monday, December 7, 2009

It's cold outside!

It has been SO cold here the past couple of days!  Really the temperature is not horribly bad (mid 30-40's) but for some reason it feels more like 3-4 degrees to me.  I'm wimpy when it comes to winter weather.  Although I LOVE it when it snows.  Go figure!  


Here's a quick card I made.  I gave it to a dear friend who invited my family to her house for the weekend about a month ago.  Although it's simple, I thought it turned out cute.

As you can see,  I've been playing with my Papertrey Ink 2009 Holiday Tag stamp set.  In a few days, I'll have some more things to show you using this stamp set.  It's one of my favorites!  I got the idea to emboss the glassine treat bag from the out of this world talented Melissa Phillips on this post.  And, the idea to put the tags in the bag as a little gift from the SOOO amazing Dawn McVey, here.

And last but most certainly not least.  Look what the EVER so sweet, generous and crazy talented Amy sent me.  I was lucky enough to win some major blog candy over at her site and she was kind enough to not only send me these gorgeous Studio G stamps but she also sent her adorable Easy Breezy card with it!  I'll tell you she is one of the most generous gals I know.  And guess what?  She's still at it giving away goodies!  You should check out her blog, pronto!  Thank you again, my friend!

Thanks So Much card supplies:  Cardstock, stamps, ink, ribbon:  Papertrey Ink; Pattern Paper:  Daisy D's; Button:  own supply; Twine:  Tinsel Trading; Nestabilities Label 1 Dies


Let It Snow tag supplies:  Pattern Paper, cardstock, stamps, ink, ribbon, button, glassine bag:  Papertrey Ink; Berries:  Michael's; String:  DMC; Cuttlebug Embossing Folder:  Provo Craft; Punches:  EK Success; Stickles Glitter:  Ranger

9 comments:

cnelson said...

fabulous projects one and all!! I'm a warm weather gal and it is soooooooooo cold here, too!

Regina Easter said...

you are way to funny...simple simple....i don't think so...everything you do is FAB...HUGS

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Your cards are fab, Kay!

xoxo

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness Kay...your thank you card is gorgeous and I adore the glassine bag is fabulous...thanks for passing along the idea!!

Enjoy your goodies my friend!

AVinNYC said...

SOOOO cute! Hope you and your fam are staying warm... YIKES!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I love your card and your bag. Such great ideas - you're so good girl.

And congrats on the awesome blog candy... that Amy is a good one!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I envy your mid 30's...I woke up and it was 0 this morning!! Brrrrr!

Your card is so beautiful and elegant and I love those colors! The glassine bags filled with gift tags...GORGEOUS and such a great idea!

That Amy...she's such a sweetie!

(-: Heidi

Lea L. said...

Fabulous cards Kay!! I love the embossing on that bag!

And I don't really feel sorry for you regarding the cold temp...we are in the negatives here. Tee hee! :)

♥Lea

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful work!!!! Love those embossed bags. I wish I can get my hands on some. Did you get them from PTI? Congrats on the blog candy!!!