Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October!

Happy October, friends!  Day by day it's getting colder here and I actually pulled out my sweaters and cardigans yesterday.  The wind also picked up and the breeze just chills me to the bone.  But you know I LOVE this time of the year!  Yesterday I bought the cutest little pumpkin that has a haunted house scene painted on it.  I couldn't resist!  I was in the mood to jump into a project that was Halloween-ish.  You're not surprised, right?!  Last year my mom gave me these Halloween Glitter Greetings by Cavallini & Co.  They are vintage inspired postcards and are WAY too cute to cut up.  I thought for a few days of what I could make with a few of them and this door/wall hanging is what I created. I had a difficult time photographing them because they are trimmed and embellished with the yummiest glitter.  I didn't realize glittery things are hard to photograph.  So please excuse my not so great photos.

  








Supplies used:  Postcards:  Cavallini & Co.; Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics; Ribbon:  Maya Road, Offray; Chipboard glitter stars:  My Mind's Eye; Rub-on:  Pink Paislee; Cording:  Tinsel Trading; Oval Frame:  Melissa Frances; Buttons:  Heart and Home Collectibles, own stash; Felt Buttons:  Jenni Bowlin; Brad:  Imaginisce; Tag:  Making Memories; Rhinestone:  Kaiser Crafts

Here's to wishing you some crisp, Fall weather ... where ever you are!

8 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I love this girl! I so want this hanging in my house :) So cute!

Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love this!!!

AVinNYC said...

OOooooh- love it as usual! Hope you're staying warm- it's chilly out today! :)

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Jennifer Beason said...

Hi Kay! :)

This is such a cute idea! I just love how you reused these and made them into something fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a great idea!

Regina Easter said...

oooooooo i so love this Kay...has a vintage feel to it

Daniela Dobson said...

Adorable. I love it. I am not a halloween person, but now with Alex I look at decorations more often :)