Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Today ... Joy & Happiness

As I was making this card I thought about the sentiment and what it means to me.  "Today ... Joy & Happiness".  Isn't it easy to worry about tomorrow?  What if I embrace each day looking for the bliss that surrounds it?  Even if I'm having a bad day, I know it is there to be found!  





I hope all of you find joy and happiness today!  I know I have!


I made this card with Kazan's Sketch #36 at 2 Sketches 4 You.  If you have a chance you should join in on their weekly sketches.  They are always so inspirational!   


For this card, I painted a scalloped chipboard piece and placed it under the "Today" die cut and I put a Pink Paislee rub on on the button. 


Over the past several days I've been busy reorganizing my craft area.  I don't have my own room dedicated to crafts so I have to be very efficient with the space I do have.  After many months of looking around for something that would meet my needs, I finally found what I wanted.  It was delivered last week and I've been having a blast getting everything organized.  Someday, I just might post some pictures of what it looks like!    

Supplies:  Pattern Paper, die cut, rub-ons:  Pink Paislee; Cardstock, ribbon:  Papertrey Ink; "Joy & Happiness" sticker:  K&Company; Chipboard:  Deluxe Designs; Paint:  DecoArt; Lace, button: own stash; Thread:  DMC

16 comments:

Sandra said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!

Regina Easter said...

yes life is so much better if you take it day by day....this is beyond stunning...

Ingrid said...

Your card is gorgeous, Kay. You really have talent for mixing papers and embellishment. Can't wait to see pics of your scrap space.

xoxo

Courtney Baker said...

Um yea pictures please! I love seeing how people do their craft rooms!

Also, this card is beautiful! So pretty!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Oh Kay.. this cards is so beautiful!! Love all these embellies!!

xoxo

cnelson said...

oh wow this is so fantabulous! I admire your work soooooooooo much!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful Kay! I love the bit of crochet lace and yes, that sentiment is so sweet!

I am attempting to deal with my craft space too, I don't have my own room either and it tends to start invading the rest of the house!


(-: Heidi

Tiffany Heilman said...

This is so cute. I love the layout and all the fun patterns you put together.

~amy~ said...

super cute Kay!!!! I love your take on the sketch!! The lace is absolutely DELISH!

Amy C said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I love all the elements and textures. Wonderful take on the sketch!!

June Houck said...

Kay, this card is so fun and fabulous! LOVE it :)

I wish I had known you lived in NY and I could have visited you! Next time, I hope.

Please post pics of your craft area; it is fun to get organizing ideas.

Danielle Flanders said...

Hi Kay! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! I wanted to say thank you for always visiting me and leaving me such sweet comments! =)
hugs!
Danielle

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! My friend - this is a stunner. Love it
Hugs
K

papertrails leaver said...

jaw dropping beauty!!! I love how you add the smallest of details to your card-like the circular months on the button. So very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Completly `stunning` kay You have beautiful style..TFS:)x

Maria said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the detail.