Sunday, September 20, 2009

Caardvarks Sketchfest 2009

Caardvarks started their Sketchfest 2009 today and they are going to have a new sketch every day for the next 7 days.  The fabulous Heidi Van Laar is providing the daily sketches and with all of her talent, I'm sure they will be amazing!


Here is the card I made based on today's sketch.  






I just can't seem to get away from Fall colors.  The weather here is absolutely gorgeous and there is a hint of Fall in the air.  I just LOVE this time of the year!


Supplies:  Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink; Pattern Papers:  Pink Paislee, October Afternoon, Glitz Design; Rub-ons:  Hambly and Li'l Davis; Rhinestone:  Basic Grey; Flowers:  Fiesta Felt; Journaling Sheer:  Maya Road; Ribbon:  own stash

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Kay, this is just fabulous! If that's vellum you used, it's too, too awesome! Love it!

Alicia said...

Super cute colors, love the felt flowers layered and the owl is to die for!

Daniela Dobson said...

Kay, this is adorable, I love the little owl. Thanks for playing. Love the new blog header too, so pretty!!!!

SmilynStef said...

Love that pop of orange and what a great bow too ... love how you cut the tails.

June Houck said...

I've been clicking through all the entries over at 'Varks. I was so happy to see your name and I couldn't wait to see what you created. You never fail to amaze me. The houndstooth is so cool, as is the owl on the double ovals. Wonderful card! Good luck with the challenge :)

~amy~ said...

love, love, love this Kay!!!! The colors...and especially the owl...it all rocks!!!

Anonymous said...

*Gasp* Kay, this is just stunning! Fabulous colors and I love the way you used that journaling sheer!!

LOVE your new blog header too!

(-: Heidi

AVinNYC said...

Such a cute card- I just LOVE the banner- SO perfect!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Your card Rocks!! Love your work and blog! I am now following!! Great inspiration!! Thanks!

papertrails leaver said...

Your card is amazing! I love that owl and the sheer journal you used!

Jana said...

Beautiful card. Love that little owl. And the felt flowers.

Courtney Baker said...

This is way cute! I love the different colors you used! And that owl... I love that owl!

lauren bergold said...

*WHY* would you want to get away from fall colors when you can ROCK them soooooo fabulously?!! love this card!

Regina Easter said...

omg...........girl you have got some talent i tell ya....hum might need to play along...

Hanneke van der Linde said...

Oh... this card is gorgeous, Kay!!

xoxo

Nathalia Castellon said...

Wow! Kay you always manage to create showstopping, jaw dropping cards! I love the big bold elements and colors! :)

Anonymous said...

So, So sweet!!