Sunday, August 16, 2009

Woo hoo! New Pencils! And...a Give Away!

I absolutely and completely love the school supply aisles this time of the year! If I could, I would buy every single kind of pen, marker and glue. I get giddy over the crayons and erasers and don't even get me started on the spiral notebooks and writing pads. I've been known to buy these items...just because. Although, as a child I remember getting a sinking feeling when I would see the first "back to school" commercials on TV, I still LOVED going shopping for my new pencils, folders and lunch box. Suddenly I would become excited!


So for the occasion, here's a pencil box I made. I used this adorable cutting template from The Cutting Cafe'. The box will hold 18 brand new pencils! The box was so easy peasy and quick to make. The "September" calendar and "1st day of school" is a printable stamp from The Cutting Cafe' as well.








**Post Update!!!** Regina, the unbelievable designer and owner of The Cutting Cafe', is generously giving away this darling Pencil Box cutting template. All you need to do is leave me a comment on this post by midnight EST Saturday and I'll randomly pick a winner! I'll announce the winner sometime on Sunday. How easy is that? Good luck!!

Supplies: Pencil box template & Printable stamps - The Cutting Cafe'; Pattern papers - Cosmo Cricket; Ribbon - Michael's; Jewels - K&Co.; Chipboard - Basic Grey; Sticker - October Afternoon; Name Strip - own supply

15 comments:

Regina Easter said...

omg omg omg omg how awesome is this wowzer girl...this is the best ever...love it

AVinNYC said...

Super cute- you are so good to L's teachers!! Hope you're having a great rest of your summer- I'm going to be spending lots of time in your neighborhood starting tomorrow... YAY! :)

Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute! I go back to work tomorrow, kids start Wednesday. :(

Daniela Dobson said...

I love it!!!! What a great idea !!! I love school supplies too. I buy stuff for myself all the time!!! I can't believe that school is starting around here. Enjoy your summer.

~amy~ said...

woot woot! This is absolutely DARLING Kay!!! You know how much I adore the Early Bird line...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I don't know how I missed the fabulous creation of yours! Totally adorable, and what a great way for your son to win brownie points by bringing THIS to his new teacher!!

I so love the school supply aisle too..always have, even when I dreaded the end of summer! All those bright colors, papers, and pens!

(-: Heidi

Karen Wedding said...

Cute pencil box. I love that. I saw it on another blog. Very cute.

Thanks for the give away.

Muse in Bloom - Sue said...

Adorable pencil box! Love the colors and images. This would be great for a student going back to school or a gift for the teacher.

rudie2shoes said...

This pencil box is awesome. I love how you've decorated it!

Jaspere said...

Wow you have such a great idea for detail. Love the colors, the design, love it all.

Edys Gonçalves said...

Oooohhhh..... LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

C said...

LOVE what you've done with this adorable box. The colors are so fresh! Please exclude me from drawing...team member.

papertrails leaver said...

Your pencil box makes returning to school easier with it's complete cuteness and 18 spankin' new pencils to boot! I love the pattern paper you used and then the apple cut out! That Septemeber calendar is a perfect accent!

Rheannon said...

This little pencil box makes me sooo happy! Sure makes the supplies look festive and feel good at the same time. Love love love it! Your ribbon is fab btw :)

bonnie said...

I love this...super cute!! :) Bonnie x