Monday, August 3, 2009

More Photos

I thought I'd post a few more photos of our Mystic, CT trip. Hope you don't mind! ;o)

We walked around the neighborhood right off of Main Street and came across this house. I couldn't believe the lilac purple, yellow and white paint. Can you say "color inspiration"?!!


I thought this sign was funny! These bicycles were in front of an Irish tavern.


This house is also a funeral home. It was fascinating because children were playing on the front porch and I realized that this is were their family actually lived. I'm always fascinated by the fact that people live in funeral homes because it is their family business. I know this is quite common in smaller towns and especially common in years of past, I just don't see it in the cities I've lived in.


I couldn't believe the beauty of this church!





Thanks for taking a look-see!

8 comments:

Regina Easter said...

wow kay, thanks for sharing those awesome pictures...love that church...hugs

~amy~ said...

such the charming little town...thanks for sharing your fun pics!!!

Ann said...

What a great little town, and you're right--that church is beautiful!

AVinNYC said...

Oooh- so pretty!

Ingrid said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics. Mystic looks like a beautiful town.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous town! I totally see why a movie was made there, it looks like something out of a movie!

(-: Heidi

Danielle Flanders said...

Hi Kay! Beautiful photos! My parents are coming tomorrow from South Dakota and we were thinking of taking a little trip there to Mystic for one night. Did you go to the aquarium? Just wondering if it's a good one!
Danielle

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos and cool blog thanks for sharing them! :0)