I am leaving today to go on a trip to Mystic, Connecticut. It's a small coastal New England town and it will be so wonderful to go somewhere quiet and peaceful to relax! We've heard they have an amazing aquarium and shops and boutiques along the water. This is the place where Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall honeymooned back in 1945. Have you seen the movie "Mystic Pizza"? It's the town where the movie took place and in the movie Julia Roberts works as a waitress at Mystic Pizza. The restaurant is still there. Since this is a seaport town, I am anticipating there will be some delicious seafood (although I'm not a fan). I am excited to shop at a thrift store called Penny Wise. It is a store that sells overstock clothes and jewelry from upscale stores. Maybe I'll score something cute!
Here is a photo of where we will be staying. I sent this to my mom and she said "Are you staying on the boat or in the building"? That made me chuckle! We are staying in the little inn behind the big boat.

I won't be in blog land for several days so I'll miss everyone's beautiful creations for awhile but I'll be sure to check in with you as soon as we get back! Enjoy the rest of your week. Mystic here I come!
9 comments:
OMGoodness....whatta darling little town Kay....sheesh, mystic pizza...that is a blast from the past :) Have super amounts of fun!!!!!
Have fun! It looks awesome. I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but I liked it!
Oh I would love to go there! I love that movie Mystic Pizza. What a great trip!! Have fun!
Ooooh, looks (and sounds) dreamy!
Have a wonderful, wonderful trip my friend!
(-: Heidi
Wow how fun. I know you'll have a wonderful time.
oooohhh, have fun! We drive by there every time we go to Rhode Island and I always say that I want to go; especially to the aquarium. Have a great time!
Oh....I am a day too late to wish you and your family a wonderful trip. Sounds like a great place. Have fun, sweetie!
xoxo
Have fun and please let me know how the aquarium is! I'd love to find a good one to take my girls to in this area...I don't think it's that far from us!
hugs,
danielle
you lucky girl you..have a wonderful time...hugs
Post a Comment