My birthday was last week but we waited to have the "official party" on Sunday. I was totally spoiled! I was brought breakfast in bed and also went out to lunch to one of my favorite restaurants. We ate at Rosa Mexicano where they serve the most delicious and fresh guacamole ever! It's the best guacamole I've ever had...that says A LOT! They prepare the guacamole at your table.
After my lunch settled (I ate a TON of guacamole) I was treated to these delicious cupcakes from the famous Magnolia Bakery. Aren't they pretty? They taste even better than they look! If it sounds like I ate my way through my birthday, then you're right!

Then to top it all off, look what I got for my birthday present!!

Yes, a new sewing machine! Those of you who read my blog know that I've been SO frustrated with my old sewing machine. My dear and talented friend Ingrid bought this machine a few months ago and when I saw all the perfect stitches she was sewing on her cards, I knew I had to have this one. Now, I know that it will require amazing sewing skills like what my sweet Ingrid has, but I thought half of the battle would be to have a machine that actually worked properly.
It was such a special birthday!

8 comments:
What a wonderful birthday? I love Rosa Mexicano- did you go to the one by Lincoln Center? I love those diver figurines on that one wall! And yummy Magnolia! Also, that new sewing machine is AMAZING! Well done, boys! :)
Well, Happy belated Birthday!!!
Sounds like you had a great one! I'm pretty happy whenever I get to eat good guacamole too! Ooh and what a present! I can't wait to see all the things you'll be making with it!
(-: Heidi
Hey you...well, aren't you a sneaky sneak...soooo mum about your birthday....well...Happy Belated my dear! Yummy cupcakes and woo hooo to the fancy smancy Janome!!!!
P.S. I ♥♥ guacamole...can you believe that I only recently discovered it? seriously like last year...
Now that sounds like a *perfect* birthday. Thanks for sharing. My mouth is watering over those cupcakes :)
Happy belated birthday!!!
happy belated birthday girl....so we both have august birthdays ... mine is tomorrow....love that machine...i guess you will be sewing away on your machine...hugs
It sounds like a great birthday. Those cupcakes look yummy!
Happy belated birthday, Kay!! Those cupcakes look divine...I want one!! Congrats on your new sewing machine, have fun with it! =)
Danielle
Good to hear you had a wonderful day, my dear. And wow.....you got the Janome!!! You're gonna love it, sweetie. Did you already try it? Can't wait to see your fab creations with some awesome stitching. I know you will do well. Oh....and those cupcakes....I really have to come over to NYC one day. LOL!
xoxo
Post a Comment