I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! This is a little mini card that I started working on at least a month ago. Initially, I was going to submit this for publication consideration but life and time got away from me and I'm just now finishing it. This a tri-fold card that is 3" inches wide and 3 1/2" high. I'm planning on using it as a gift card this Holiday Season.
I'm a novice at using pom pom trim and after I made this I realized I might have made a rookie mistake. Do you see the scalloped top part of the trim at the very top, right under the edge of the paper? Is that supposed to show? Hmm.. Okay, you pom pom trim experts out there (Amy) tell me what to do! ;o)
Just "sew" you know, I used my brand new sewing machine on this card. The top straight stitch I did by hand before I had my new machine but I was able to do the zig-zag stitch at the bottom with my new Janome. I can't tell you how happy I am with this sewing machine! It's truly night and day compared to what I had! I'm a very happy camper!

Supplies used: Pattern Paper: October Afternoon; Chipboard: My Mind's Eye; Rub-On: Pink Paislee; Pearls: Kaiser Craft; Ribbon: M&J Trimming; Pom Pom Trim: own supply; Snowflake sticker: Jolee's
Have a fabulous week! I can't believe this is the last week of August.

10 comments:
Hey sista...I LOVE your sweet little card...the colors and embellies are pure perfection. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your pom, silly girl....it is fabbie...
Kay, this is adorable! I bought pink pom-pom ribbon months ago from the Michael's dollar bin and I have yet to find a use. Your card is great inspiration :)
Thank you so much for you comment at my blog!!
You've made a beautiful card!!
xoxo
Absolutely adorable!
I love it- SO pretty!! Way to put that sewing machine to good use!!
hey girlfriend you are like a pro on that machien ALREADY..you go girl...awesome project...hugs
Hi Kay! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm no pom-pom expert but I love your card - Gorgeous!!! :)
I love your card. So sweet with blue and pink colors. Love the stitching!
Ooooooh, I just adore this Kay! These are some of my all time favorite Christmas colors and your stitching looks a-mazing!
Your pom fringe is perfection! Love it!
(-: Heidi
Hey sweetie, your card is awesome. I just love it! And look....you used your new machine. I knew you would do some fab stitching with your Janome. ;-) There is nothing wrong with your pom. It looks great.
xoxo
Post a Comment