Friday, June 12, 2009

Hooray for the Red, White & Blue!

Whew!  I actually survived the marathon of parties and performances. We are slowly gearing down to enjoy the summer.  It has been raining here all week long and it was fabulous to see the sun shining!


As you all well know, it's almost painful to not have the time to sit down and create so it's great to have my groove back!  ;o)  I saw this printable stamp that Regina created over at The Cutting Cafe and I immediately knew I wanted to make a flag with it.  The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays.  I love the fireworks and family activities that go along with the holiday. 






By the way, I LOVE LOVE these little alphabet stickers from Adornit.  The font is super cute.  You should check them out!  Have a super weekend.  It will be a happy and fun one for us and I wish the same for you!

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink
Pattern Paper:  Scenic Route
Printable Stamp:  The Cutting Cafe'
Rub ons:  Doodlebug Design, American Crafts
Metal rim tag:  Joann's 
Glitter star:  My Mind's Eye
Glitter dot:  Jesse James
Alphabet stickers:  Adornit
Denim fabric, lace trim, popsicle stick & safety pin:  own stash

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! A new Kay creation! So glad you found some time to create!

This is so totally worth the wait too! I LOVE that you made a flag!! super cute and fabulous...just like everything you do!

(-: Heidi

Regina Easter said...

wow, although I want ya creating for me FOREVER, girl when you take little mini vacation and come back with this....i say take a vacation everyday...you are the bomb...hugs

~amy~ said...

Oh Kay....how fantabulous is this??!!! I'm glad that you were able to squeeze some creative time in :) Have a super weekend!!!

Michelle aka Otomon said...

What a fabulous creation!! It's just perfect! Glad you survived all the festivities this month. I can't take all this rain anymore!!

DeeDee said...

OMG! This is just way too cute! I love the flag idea too. You rocked this project girlie! HUGS!

Jaspere said...

Wow now this is a great project. How do you ever come up with these ideas.

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, Kay, this is awesome and so creative!!! Love the strips of paper for the flag! I hope you have more time now to create!

AVinNYC said...

SO cute- just love the flag idea!!

Ingrid said...

Wow....stunning project, Kay. I love your design and colors. The colors of our flag are red, white and blue too, and I love that combo. Have a wonderful summer break.

xoxo

Lana Clarke said...

Great idea to make a flag Kay it turned out super!
Love your pics in the previous post
Hugs
Lana x