Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Use It! Challenge...Finally!

I can't tell you how many weeks I've been wanting to participate in the Use It! challenge.  Believe me, I've got so many supplies to "Use" and thank goodness this week I was able to "Use" some of  "It!".  I was happy to bust out some old school Basic Grey.  Do you remember "Gypsy"?  Yes, it's a Basic Grey line that was released, who knows, maybe 4 or more years ago!  It's a simply gorgeous line and I've always loved everything about it.  I paired it with some recently released Making Memories and American Crafts chipboard.  Do you see that ink smudge on the "laugh & smile" tag sentiment?  Well, it's actually made that way.  I didn't want you to think I just dropped an ink pad on it and didn't care.  LOL!  Also, on the inside of the card I put a black polka dot Making Memories border sticker along the edge.  You can kind of see it in the 2nd photo.  


So the Use It! challenge this week from Joanne is:


1.  Use Pink (check!)
2.  Add Scallops (check!)
3.  Add a tag (check!)





Supplies:
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey
Border stickers:  Making Memories
Chipboard:  Making Memories, American Crafts
Jewels:  Martha Stewart
Ribbon:  M&J Trimming
Ribbon flower: own stash
I wanted to say thank you to the wonderful girls out there who leave me sweet and thoughtful comments on my blog.  Hearing from you all means SO much to me.  Thank you!  

12 comments:

Unknown said...

STUNNING card Kay!! I don't think I'll ever tire of ANY BasicGrey line, and you worked wonders here pairing it with 'new' product, way to USE it!! ;)
Thanks for playing along with this wee's Use It! challenge!!
{hope your little man is feeling better!!}
hugs & ♥~
rae

~amy~ said...

SWEET mother of Pearl ♥Kay♥!!! This is knock-down (or is that out?) gorgeous!!!!!!!! There is something about orange and pink...such a sweet color combo and then when you throw pops of black and that gorgeous ribbon....oy vey....stunning!!!!!

Hope that your little guy is feeling better...it's the worst when they are sick...poor thing.

Ann said...

Mmmm, this is so beautiful! Love that BG paper--think I have some hidden away...maybe I need to do the Use It challenges! ;)

Hope your guy is 100% soon!

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!! Seriously Kay, I am in love with your style! Everything you do is gorgeous!

I love that Gypsy line to, I have been hoarding it! lol!

I hope you little guy is feeling better soon! What a bummer to be down and out on his first week of freedom.

(-: Heidi

Regina Easter said...

girlfriend....i am loving that orange and black...girl you are the bomb...hugs

Joanne said...

Wow - your card is absolutely beautiful! Great job!

Daniela Dobson said...

I have this paper !!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Basic Grey, especially the old stuff. I love the touch of balck and white with the colors. I want to play, but this week is just too busy with other things "I have to do" :)
Sorry about your little guy! I hope he gets better.

Deanna said...

Totally awesome! Love it!

Lana Clarke said...

Kay this card is so beautiful
Hugs
Lana x

Dora said...

This is a beautiful card, love all the little details! You've done a great job!
hugs Dora

Unknown said...

congratulations Kay....
you are the winner of this week's Use It! challenge!!!!
shoot me an email at raescards {at} comcast.net to set up the next challenge ;)
congrats girl!!
~rae

Jaspere said...

Wow and you used them SO well. The colors, the design....amazing.