You know the saying, "Which came first the chicken or the egg?". With this card I kept thinking "Which came first the ribbon or the card?". In this case, the ribbon came first. I bought this ribbon back in January (when it was freezing outside) because I feel in love with it and knew I would have to use it to make a 4th of July card. So, here it is almost 6 months later when I anxiously brought it out to use. Those of you who know me aren't the least bit surprised at my behavior because you are well aware of my obsession with ribbon. ;o) Yes, I'm giddy! The super cute 4th of July printable stamp I used on this card is a design by Regina at The Cutting Cafe'. If you click on the link you'll see she's having a special going on right now with this stamp.
2 Sketches 4 You for this card design. Oh, if you haven't heard they are having an Ultimate Card Showdown. It is now into the 3rd round of competition and the Top 20 were announced this week. Good luck to each and every one of these amazing designers!

Cardstock: Papertrey Ink; Pattern Paper: Rusty Pickle; Printable Stamp: The Cutting Cafe'; Tag: Scarlet Lime Kit; Ribbon: Hyman Hendler & Sons; Alphabet Stickers: Adornit; Chipboard Bracket: My Mind's Eye; Chipboard Star: own stash; Diamond Dust: Flora Craft; Rhinestone: Chenille Craft; Cording: Sulyn Industries; Ink: ColorBox
I must have caught a nasty bug because I began having a slight fever and yucky cough. I'm trying to make sure no one else in the family gets sick so I've been wiping every single door knob, light switch, faucet, computer mouse etc.. with disinfectant wipes. I even went as far as to buy surgical masks for me to wear around the house since I'm coughing so much. I laughed so hard as I was making this card today with my surgical mask on. We thought it looked like I was performing "card surgery". I don't know, maybe my illness has made me a little delirious but we both got a good laugh out of it!
Here's to wishing you a HEALTHY and happy weekend! Take good care out there!

13 comments:
LOVE this
okay girl, i am loving this big time...hugs
Wow Kay this card is awesome! I LOVE that ribbon, YUM!! I am so glad your son is feeling better! I hope you are not getting sick! Big hugs:)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan
this is absolutely FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!! love it in every way possible!!!
what a fun patriotic card! I love it, the checkered ribbon rocks! Awesome!
Clouds :D
And what a beautiful ribbon it is. Love your card.
First, I have to laugh at your story! I can see you with a surgical mask making a card. I did that when Alex was a baby because I didn't want him to get sick!!!! Too, funny. Glad to hear your son is better, but sorry you are sick.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that card. The tucked tag is brilliant! Love the ribbon too!
Oh, this is so YUMMY! Gorgeous ribbon and you created a truly fabulous card around it! I have been known to design a whole card around a gorgeous piece of ribbon too!
Hope you are feeling better soon. I lol-ed at visions of you doing card surgery!
(-: Heidi
Your card is gorgeous as always. And that ribbon is soooo yummy. Good to hear your son is feeling better. Hope you feel much better soon. Take good care of yourself, sweetie.
xoxo
LOVE this ribbon and this card! Gorgeous stuff!
gorgeous card, as usual Kay!!! Love that ribbon and the big bow too! I do hope that you are feeling better my dear!!! Hang in there!!!
So glad L is feeling better- LOVE YOUR CARD, as usual! Hope you aren't sick... and the image of a card surgery was cracking me up!
Oh wow.. that card is gorgeous Kay.. cute little details everywhere!!!! I hope you'll be feeling better soon (I would have LOVED to see you making that card with the surgery mask on.. that must have beel hilarious.. haha) XOXO
Post a Comment