Friday, June 26, 2009

Use It! Challenge

I had the excitement of being randomly picked to be the Guest Designer for the Use It! Challenge #16.  It was so much fun making this card and I really hope you'll join us this week!  

Here are my challenge "ingredients":

1.  Use something inspired by nature.  
      (flowers, trees, animals, etc.)
      I used a little bird sticker and some floral adhesive felt.  Feel free to use any kind of product you want that reminds you of the outdoors!   

2.  Use polka dots.
      On my card, I embossed the polka dots on the white cardstock and also added the polka dot ribbon and chipboard. 

3.  Use your favorite embellishment.  
      (ribbon, buttons, brads, bling, etc.)
      It was impossible for me to pick only one favorite, so I used several!

4.  Mail your creation to someone special.  You'll make their day!  
     (Remember, you may need to add extra postage.)
     I'm going to send my card to a very wonderful person in my life! 


Supplies:  Cardstock & Ribbon-Papertrey Ink;  Journal Sheer-Maya Road; Alphabet Stickers-Doodlebug; Felt Heart-Chatterbox; Bird Sticker-October Afternoon; Button-Creative Cafe'; Adhesive Felt-Queen & Co.; Rhinestone-Kaisercraft; Cording-Sulyn; Ric Rac & Chipboard-own supply; Tools-Cuttlebug with Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Fiskars Scallop Scissors

Have a glorious, fabulous weekend!

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

woot woot...one of my FAV color combo's these days!!!! Gorgeous work, as usual!!! I hope to play :)

AVinNYC said...

Oh Kay- that is SO cute!! Love the ribbon, and of COURSE the color scheme is brilliant!

Ann said...

Ohhhh, yeah, this card ROCKS!!! Fabby colors and polka dots--can't go wrong with that! ;)

Ingrid said...

OMG....this card is stunning. Love the color combo, the embellishments and your design. I am sooooo behind on the Use It! challenges. I'll do my best to play along this week.

Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie!

xoxo

Joke said...

Wow, I love your card and your challenge. Great colours and that heart is so lovely.
I'll play along!

Anonymous said...

I ADORE this card!! Everything about is bright and happy and fabulous!

I am going to do my best to play along with your super fun challenge this week!

(-: Heidi

Snowmanlover said...

Wow! You are inspiring me!!
These are so darling and I love the colors!!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

What a wonderful card, Kay!! Love it!!

xoxo

Jess said...

Love your card! This was such a fun challenge to work on!

Regina Easter said...

oh my word, i am loving this kay...hugs

Katie Ann Brooks said...

this is adorable! I don't know if I'll have time to play, but I love the idea of it all.

Axes DesigNs said...

Oh! it is a good idea thanks for the challenge! I'll try it tonight!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this !!! So cute with the bird and those colors!!!!!!

Loz said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning!! That ribbon is so yummmy!

Kim Dellow said...

So cute Kay, I love the colours. Kim

Joanne said...

This is such a gorgeous card and I loved doing your challenge this week! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Lana Clarke said...

Kay this is such an eye catching card with the contrast of the red against the crisp white it's adorable
Hugs
Lana x

Danielle Flanders said...

what a bright, happy card! love it!