Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You

This card was inspired by Laura's GREAT Sketch #26 over at 2 Sketches 4 You.  It's interesting how I can start with the inspiration of a sketch and then it's as if the card starts taking on a life of it's own.  This soft, girly card is what I came up with. 




Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; Pattern paper - October Afternoon; Chipboard house - Pink Paislee; Chipboard flower - Melissa Frances; Button & lace - own stash; Twine - Tinsel Trading; Flower - Maya Road; Alphabet - Pink Paislee & Making Memories; Pearl - Kaisercraft; Label - Creative Cafe'

I'm REALLY excited about tomorrow!  My mom is coming to visit us for 10 days!  We have a lot of fun plans but I can't give out any details because she's always reading my blog.  HI MOM!!  See you tomorrow!!  


We are also going "ribbon shopping".  There are many stores here that are filled literally top to bottom with ribbons and trims and every time she's in town we go to browse around.  Like I need more ribbon!  I just can't help myself!  


Well, thank you for staying with me through my ramblings!  Although, I'm positive some didn't make it this far and I can't blame them!  ;o)  I won't be posting any creations for the next week or more because I'll be spending all of my free time with my mom.   Although, maybe I'll post some pictures of the fun we get into!  Can you tell I'm just a wee bit excited?!   ♥♥

19 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Stunning Kay! I LOVE your work:) Have fun with your mom!
Laura

Angela said...

What a beautiful card Kay, love it.. hope you enjoy the time with your mom...

Carol D said...

Love your card Kay, the papers are beautiful and that flower is just divine. have a lovely time with your Mum.

Hugs Carol x

~amy~ said...

Kay, your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I bet you and your Mom are going to have sooooo much fun together!!!!! Have a super time with her!!!!!!!

AVinNYC said...

Oh Kay- what a beautiful card! Have fun with your Mom this week- the garment district is SO dangerous- I swear I buy more buttons/notions than I could ever use in a project! :)

Daniela Dobson said...

What an adorable card. Love the soft colors and that little house is so cute!
How exciting that your mom is coming. Make sure you take photos of those ribbon stores. I would love to see that.
Parade of ships sounds interesting. How awesome that you get to see it from your house.
Have fun with your mom!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Kay! I love the sweet little house and the beautiful flower and trim!

I am so glad Suessical was a success!

Have so much fun with your mom! Ribbon shopping...lucky you!

(-: Heidi

Regina Easter said...

love this card and i wish i was going to the garment district with ya...i would have a field day...you lucky girl...hugs

~Lori Roop said...

Beautiful card Kay! I love that little pink flower. It looks like a icing flower.

I hope your time with you mom is perfect!!

Savitri said...

Kay, what a CUTE card! Love the house!!

Jolene said...

Oh my goodness! What a sweet card. The little house is the cutest!
Jolene

Ann said...

Super sweet card!

Amy C said...

Your card is beautiful!! Congrats on making the fab5 this week at 2s4y.

Latisha said...

beautiful card!!

Kim Sonksen said...

Your card is so so cute!!! Love it
Congratz on making the fab five this week

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Love this card! I must have been away for this one. Congrats on your Fab 5 win! Florida was wonderful but it is nice to get back to real life and cardmaking.

Wilma said...

Such a cute card! Congrats on being on the fab 5!

liszha said...

Hi there, saw you as a runner up on the 2 Sketches 4 you contest and have to say I just love your cards. Will be back here to see what more beautiful cards you make.

Angèle said...

Congrats on being on the fab 5!
It's realy a cute card. I love it!