Tuesday, March 10, 2009

free spirit

The weather got warmer last weekend and boy was it great!! It was wonderful to not have to pile on layers of clothes and I was excited to not have to put on my huge "puffy" coat! Isn't it interesting how the weather can affect our mood in a big way. Well, today it's turned cold again "what-wah". Oh well, at least for a couple of days I was released from the bondage of the long, big, brown puffy coat!


Have you seen the new Pink Paislee goodies? I got a little crazy and bought quite a bit of their new releases. Well, actually I used a gift certificate my Mom and Dad gave me for Christmas. I was thrilled to not have to spend a dime!! Woohoo!! Thank you again, Mom and Dad!


This is a card I made with the Fascinating line. It's all so pretty and I had a hard time making that first paper cut. It's like getting your first "door ding" on a new car. Well, not really! LOL! This is for Laura's Sketch #21 at 2S4U. It's a wonderful sketch and if you've never seen Laura's work you should check out her blog. Her creativity is unbelievably amazing. I LOVE her style!

Out for publication: CARDS - August 2009

I got crazy and even made an envelope!

Okay, I'm off to the grocery store now. Hello puffy coat...

Supplies for card:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Pattern Paper, brad, sentiment sticker, round sticker, chipboard, photo corner and alphabet: Pink Paislee
Rhinestone gems: Heidi Swapp
Ribbon: Offray and own stash
Ink: Colorbox
Other tools used: Cricut and Storybook cartridge to make flourish


Supplies for envelope:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Pattern Paper, border sticker, journal sticker and alphabet: Pink Paislee
Rhinestone gems: Me & My Big Ideas

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Kay! The colors are so rich and you know I love the bling!

(-: Heidi

Laura Davis said...

OMGoodness I am sooo drooling over this line & this stunning card!! Great work:)
Laura

Amy C said...

What a beautiful card!! Great work with the sketch. =)

Danielle Flanders said...

Oh my goodness, your cards are beautiful!! I just read your note at sb.com and had to come visit you! Going to add you to my blog list!
Danielle

Savitri said...

GORGEOUS!!!! I love your card and the envie!!! Just lovely everything. Oh, I need to get my hands on some new stuff. I need to go an Archivers or something!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFULNESS!! That paper IS yummy! The bling is just perfect on this card.
Hope it stays warm for you..I hear ya on that! Warm, sunny days always enhance my mood.

Anonymous said...

ooh! what a gorgeous card! i like the bow and the swirly embellishment you added. The DP was a good match!

TFS
Clouds :o)

Ewonne said...

Love that you made a matching envelope! They're both gorgeous ♥

~dawne said...

Beautiful card w/matching envie!!

Ruby said...

Lovely card Kay, I love the colours you've used and the flourish. The envelope is fab too :o)

papertrails leaver said...

absolutely beautiful!