Thursday, March 12, 2009

*Lucky*


I'm not Irish and I've never been one to drink green beer but St. Patrick's Day is such a fun holiday!  I love the bright springy green!  Leave it to me to like a holiday because of the colors involved!  Ha ha!!  I think this is the first St. Patty's card I've ever made.  I was just in the mood.  Plus, I couldn't resist bustin' out "da Martha" glitter!  

This is what I created for the Card Patterns Sketch #5.  I made the card vertical and I was wishing SO badly I had a 4 leaf clover but since I layered the little clover on top of the big one, I declared it a 4 leafer....in my head!  :o) 


Supplies:
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics
Pattern Paper:  Cosmo Cricket, Doodlebug
Journal Sheer:  Maya Road
Clover:  Darice
Glitter:  Martha Stewart
Stamp:  Stampin' Up
Ink:  Stazon
Flowers:  Doodlebug
Buttons:  Doodlebug
Alphabet stickers:  Making Memories, Adornit, Doodlebug
Ribbon:  Offray
Border Punch:  Fiskars

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the white on white layers - this card is fabulous. Super job with the sketch, andn I love your clover - 4 leaves or not!! Thanks for playing along with us!

~amy~ said...

oh sooooo sweet...I ♥♥♥ it!!

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

That's such a cute card.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I really love this Kay! The black and white with just a punch of green in the shamrock and border is fab! Beautiful card!

(-: Heidi

Katie Ann Brooks said...

I love your blog, cause everything is so cute. This one is great, the green really pops out at you.

Ingrid said...

Wow....your card is stunning. You're such a talented card maker. You did a wonderful job on the CP sketch. Have a wonderful weekend!

jo said...

I love the black and white with the green!!

whoistracy said...

Oh my gosh, this is adorable!! What a great take on the sketch. So creative.

Thanks for joining us Kay!

Anonymous said...

I love how the green just pops!
very cute

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Thanks for all your get well wishes! I love this card! 3 leaves, 4 leaves, what's the difference?

Eveline said...

This card sure brought you some luck. Congratulations on your win. Great card.
Eveline.

Anonymous said...

Yum! Love your card... just gorgeous!! :) Congrat's on your win!!

Linda Beeson said...

Your card is just so amazing! You rocked that wonderful green and white.