Hello Everyone! Since today kicks off the Summer season, I thought I would share a card that fits the mood. Laura's 2 Sketches 4 You sketch was my inspiration and the clear stamp set I used is called Critters in the 'Burbs by Lawn Fawn. Oh my golly! I am so in love with this adorable set and I can't wait to ink up the little dog and cat that's included! In fact, our very own 2 Sketches 4 You designer Kelly Marie, is the owner and creator of the divine Lawn Fawn stamp line!
I've also added a tutorial showing some nifty tricks using the Cathie Allen Position-It by Scor-it-All. Not only will I show you how to stamp with exact placement but I will also show you what I did when I had a stamping mishap. Let's sit back and have fun. :)

First, I aligned and securely taped my paper to the grid board so that it didn't move when I was stamping. It is recommended to us Post-It Removable Tape.

Making sure my stamping block was in the corner angle, I stamped the tree image. I then removed my pattern paper with the stamped image.

Now, I stamped the tire image on the acrylic sheet that is provided in the kit. Again, I placed my stamping block in the corner angle when stamping on the acrylic sheet.

I then placed the acrylic sheet with the tire image exactly where I wanted it to be stamped on my paper. Again, I made sure the corner of the acrylic sheet is in the corner angle. Remove the acrylic sheet.

Next, I stamped the tire image with the corner angle as my guide. Oops! Oh no! I didn't press evenly on my acrylic block when I was stamping.
No worries! Take a look...

Because I used the corner angle as my guide, all I had to do is re-stamp over my original tire image. Perfect! Isn't that amazing!?!
Thank you for visiting me today. I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day holiday!
Supplies: Pattern paper, journaling card: October Afternoon; Clear stamps: Lawn Fawn; Cardstock, ribbon, button, twine: Papertrey Ink; Ink: ; Pearls: Queen & Co.; Circle punch: EK Success; Thread: Coats


17 comments:
Kay, whatta fabulous beauty of a card...I couldn't LOVE it more!!!
Gorgeous card, Kay. I love the colors that you used. The Lawn Fawn stamps are lovely. I love that you stamped the tree on patterned paper.
xoxo
Oh I just love it! Totally gorgeous!
Wow, love the card and the tire swing is great- amazing to see how you could fix that, very cool.
Lovely! So cheery and refreshing! Love the colors!
oh this card so gets me in the mood for kicking back...love it girl...hugs
I LOVE this card! Those stamps are so sweet and I love the design and soft colors! So CUTE! :)
Love, love, love those colors! Awesome card, Kay!!!
Happy Memorial Day!
oh wow Kay! You sold me on this! I am forever stamping a tad heavy on the top and light on the bottom so I get the uneven print. But you just showed me how to fix it! Wow! What a super sweet card! Yes indeed Summer Living is easy. :-)
Once again, you ouy did yourself!
Love your card. Might get the new "thing"
MOM
Sooooo completely fabulous!! I adore this color scheme! Your intrepretation of the sketch is perfectly fantabulous!! Your work never disappoints!!
This is adorable. I love the colors here!!!!!!!!!!
WOW! What a beautiful card!!
So fresh and fabulous Kay! The colors are just beautiful and I cannot help but love that way cute polka dot tree!
Great tut too!
(-: Heidi
I love this card so much! It makes me so happy!
Super adorable card, papers. and stamp set! I'm in love too :)
this card is adorable!! love the colors here...so fresh and springy!
XO
danielle
Post a Comment