Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

Are you ready for the holiday weekend?  I can't believe Memorial Day is almost here!  It will be a time to respect and remember the brave military men and women who died for our nation.  This weekend also marks the unofficial beginning of summer and it will be a wonderful time to gather with friends and family for picnics and barbecues. 

I made this little box using The Cutting Cafe' Candy Box template.   It can be made quickly if you need to take a hostess gift to a gathering this weekend.  I filled it with candy, tied a ribbon around it and added one of Regina's Cutting Cafe' tags.  There are tags for most every occasion in this set.  I love them!  Just add an embellishment or two and you're good to go!  Don't you love that bottle cap?!  It's made by Li'l Davis and I've had it in my stash FOREVER.  I guess it was just waiting to go on this box!  {wink}


Enjoy your weekend, friends!  Happy Memorial Day!

Supplies:  Candy Box template, Holiday Tag:  The Cutting Cafe'; Pattern paper, flag, pinking shears:  own supply; Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink; Ribbon:  M&J Trimming (thanks Mom!); Bottle cap:  Li'l Davis; Rhinestone star:  3 Birds

12 comments:

AVinNYC said...

Oh my goodness- LOVE IT!

~amy~ said...

Fabbie-licious box Kay!!!!

Courtney Baker said...

So cute Kay!

papertrails leaver said...

Love this cute box you made Kay! The polka dotted box paired with that gingham ribbon is perfect! I like the cap and agree it was made for this!:-)

June Houck said...

Your box is PERFECT and yes, I agree, some crafty supplies are just waiting for the right project like your Memorial Day box. It is a great 'finishing touch'. I can't believe it is the end of May already...2010 is flying by!

Daniela Dobson said...

This is adorable!!! Love the little box and that ribbon is perfect!

Regina Easter said...

oh my Kay this is PERFECT girl...the colors are fabulous...wow what an awesome box...hugs

cnelson said...

wowzers! This is so fun and fabulous! looove the ribbon and the bottle cap, cute box, flag...EVERYTHING!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow....such a festive little box! Love the little flag! :)

Ingrid Danvers said...

This box is so gorgeous. I love the red, white & blue color combo. And that ribbon......YUMMY!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness Kay, just too cute! that ribbon is so fun and the bottle cap is the perfect topper!

Have a fabulous weekend!

(-: Heidi

Danielle Flanders said...

what a beautiful package!
XO
Danielle