Thursday, April 8, 2010

Look what TED sent me!

I joined a Spring/Easter card swap and I was lucky enough to receive this Easter card from Ted last week.  Isn't it gorgeous!  He told me he airbrushed the colors onto the cardstock with Copics. Can you believe!?!  I'm new to using Copic markers and have certainly never airbrushed with them but after seeing his card I would love to try the technique.  Ted, thank you so much for sending me such a marvelous card!


And now, here's a simple little card I made using my Wonderfully Whimsical stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  There are some super adorable stamps in this set.  I colored the roof of the house to mirror the striped ribbon.  Fun! 





Enjoy your day!  I hope your weather is as beautiful as ours!  

Supplies:  Cardstock, Stamps, Buttons, Ink, Scallop Border Die:  Papertrey Ink; Ribbon:  May Arts; Floss:  DMC; Copic Markers

14 comments:

Ted said...

Kay, I'm very happy that you enjoyed it. I really enjoyed making it for you. :) And your WW card is adorable. You're inspiring me to finally ink up my own set! :)

Sara Mac said...

WOW, Ted's card is gorgeous! Lucky you. I love your adorable WW card too. Love how the house coordinates with the ribbon.

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, look at Ted's card, that is just gorgeous!!! I love your WW card too, so cute :)

Teresa said...

Awe your card is so cute! I love the colors and the striped ribbon.

Melissa said...

Your card is so cute and I love that stripped ribbon!

Ted's card is beautiful, what a fun thing to get in the mail!

~amy~ said...

Oh what fabbie cards!!! Love them both!!!!!

Jen Carter said...

Cute Whimsical card! Great job!

Regina Easter said...

YUMMY FABULOUS STUFF GIRL...HUGS

cnelson said...

Ted did an amazing job with the airbrushing!! so cool!! LOOOOOOOOOVE your card!! That stamp is just the cutest!!

Kathy Martin said...

These are darling! I especially love the second card! That house is sooooooooo cute! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that airbrush technique is SO cool! Alas, I don't even own a Copic...shocking, I know!

Your card could NOT be cuter! The colors are wonderful and I LOVE how you matched the roof to your ribbon!

(-: Heidi

Anonymous said...

Teds card is gorgeous! ANd your WW card is so cute. I love this set, nice job!

Dana said...

The card Ted sent you is awesome! Very pretty and colorful!
Your whimsical house with matching ribbon is adorable Kay, great colors!