I recently started visiting the Papertrey Ink Forum and it's been so much fun sharing my love of their products with other Papertrey Ink fans! They have a monthly Blog Hop and tonight I'm participating for the first time. The February Challenge is in honor of their AMAZING design team. We were asked to visit the Papertrey Ink Design Team Gallery and chose a project that inspires us and then recreate it using our own interpretation and style. All of their designers are crazy talented and I'm always in awe of Betsy Veldman's creations. I regularly stalk her blog and her projects are jaw dropping. Betsy, thank you for bringing so much inspiration, joy, and motivation to my creative process. You're a true gift! And a BIG thank you to the entire PTI Design Team!
Here is Betsy's amazing "gratitude" card that inspired me.
And here is my VERY humble interpretation. Hopefully, I'll make her proud. {wink!}

Thank you for visiting my blog and happy hopping!
Supplies: Cardstock (Vintage Cream, Spring Moss), stamps (Vintage Labels, Mega Mixed Messages, Background Basics Tin Types, Polka Dot Basics II); ink (Spring Moss, Ripe Avacado, Dark Chocolate, Chamomille), ribbon (Vintage Cream grosgrain): Papertrey Ink; Pattern Paper: Making Memories; Rhinestone: Basic Grey; Butterfly: Scarletlime Kit; Nestabilities (Labels One); Thread: Coats

42 comments:
This isn't a humble interpretation...it is goreous Kay!! I love the design and stamping on the sentiment tag so much, and the ribbon is fabulous! Great job with the challenge!
♥Lea
Wow, beautiful card! I think Betsy's are some of the hardest to CASE-but yours is lovely!!
Oh my word Kay, this is just stunning! I can absolutely see where you got your inspiration from, but you changed it up enough to be totally unique and you! You most certainly did Betsy's card justice!
(-: Heidi
What a wonderful take on your inspiration piece!! I love the fresh colors!
LOVE Betsy's card!! And I LOOOOOOVE your interpretation!! So beautiful!!!
Fantastic card, Kay! Congrats on your first Hop!
Not humble at all, but stunning and creative! wow. I'm in awe at your take on this challenge. Just amazing.
BEAUTIFUL - you can see her style but your own touch is awesome!
Fabulous job on this card! I love everything about it.
Welcome to the hop, beautiful card!
Oh wow, your card is STUNNING!!
Your card is every bit as lovely as Betsy's. It's stunning and I'm going to tuck it away in my inspiration folder.
Love the bold colors!
Simply stunning!! Your card is wonderful!
Great job! A very fun card!
I'd say for SURE you made her proud! LOVE the colors on this, and your texty butterfly is the perfect little centerpiece!
Very pretty; love your colors!!!
Beautiful card! I love the bracket/polka dot/butterfly/crystal thingie. Seriously awesome!
Such a pretty card!
What a fabulous card!
Oh I love your version - so bright and pretty! Great job! :)
Kay, this is super! I'm casing
Wow! Such a lovely, awesome card. You did a wonderful job adapting Betsy Veldman's card and making it your own. I can't wait to discover more wonders on your blog later.
{Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! I really appreciate it!}
Kay i love everything about that label! From the cute butterfly with it's bling, to the sentiment, and how you've stamped the polka dots on the top half. Perfect! Oh and the rest of the card is beautiful too, lol!! Great job on the challenge!
Gosh....your card is gorgeous, sweetie. You did a fab job. Betsy is amazing, but so are you! You're a talented girl.
Miss ya,
Ingrid
xoxo
Kay your card is beautiful!!!! GREAT JOB on he challenge!!!
I love everything about your card! It has stitching, perfect colors, the die cuts, Perfect bow. All the qualities of a great "Betsey card"! But you made it your own and it is a beauty!
Great job! I think you will definitely will make her proud.
Very pretty! Love your bow. Thanks for sharing.
Very striking! Great job with all the details and your bow is perfect! Love this pretty card!
I love the card you chose. Great take on it!
So glad you joined the hop. You have definitely captured Betsy's fun fresh colors. Your card is a wonderful tribute to her.
Great colors and design. Love that background!
Very cute card! Hope you had fun!
I love that card too...the colors are awesome, but so is yours ♥♥♥♥
Beautiful creation.
Great card. I love the butterfly over the flourish.
Love the colors on your card! So pretty!
Oh my goodnees, Kay! I gasped out loud when I saw your version. It's waaay prettier than the original. hee. I love your color combo and that awesome patterned paper in the background. This card is AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for your kind words, but you girl...are talented. :-)
Betsy Veldman
wowzie wow wow Kay...your card is simply delish...
wow!!!! what a beautiful card!
eek!! You could be a designer with that card!! Great choice of paper and I love how you used so many sets!! That ribbon is perfect :)
Gorgeous card, Kay!! Love the bold bright colors in the background combined with the soft spring moss and cream on top.
Post a Comment