Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Homemade Teacher Treats

I made Magic Cookie Bars for some teachers to take home today to enjoy over the Thanksgiving holiday.  After making the treats, I put them in these Martha Stewart boxes that I purchased last year after the holidays when they were 50% off.  Then, I used some Papertrey Ink stamps that I've been wanting to use SO badly that I couldn't wait until December!  Hopefully, the teachers don't mind that these aren't Thanksgiving themed!  ;o)

Supplies used:  Large Gingerbread Cookie Boxes:  Martha Stewart; Pattern Paper, stamps, ink:  Papertrey Ink; Snowflake charm:  Making Memories; Ribbon:  Offray; String:  DMC


The recipe for the Magic Cookie Bars can be found here.  However, I substituted the nuts with a 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips.  Yummy!

10 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous Kay!! I love the wintry theme, yet it still feels warm and cheery!! Great job!

~Lea

June Houck said...

Beautifully wrapped! Good choice on the nut substitution...not a butterscotch fan myself :)

~amy~ said...

delish Kay...how sweet are you for doing that?!!!!! Such a thoughtful gift!

Michelle aka Otomon said...

How cute is this? I'm sure they will be loved! I took a look at the recipe and they sound yummy! And you butterscotch makes it sound that much better! :)

Daniela Dobson said...

This is adorable. I can't wait to try the recipe!

cnelson said...

oh yum!! this is just the cutest Kay! love that stamp!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

This box looks great Kay!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those are some seriously lucky teachers!! I am sure they don't mind at all that they are not Thanksgiving themed! Gorgeous, gorgeous gift box Kay!

Hope you all had a really wonderful Thanksgiving!
(-: Heidi

Danielle Flanders said...

beautiful! I really love that little snowflake charm!

Courtney Baker said...

This is so pretty. And aren't you so sweet to send these to the teachers! Did I mention how pretty this is?