Monday, May 11, 2009

Go Ahead...Throw It !!

Rice, that is!




Supplies:  
Box Template & Round calendar stamp: The Cutting Cafe'; Pattern paper: Doodlebug; Rhinestone: me & my BIG ideas; Pearls: Kaisercraft; Heart: Heidi Swapp; Tulle: own stash; Ribbon: M&J Trimming; Rub on: Basic Grey; Scallop punch: EK Success

I wanted to make this Conversation Box from 
The Cutting Cafe' so I started brainstorming about what I could put in it.  Lately I've seen a lot of projects with wedding themes so I thought I'd make a little rice box. Do people still throw rice at weddings?  I know bird seed is sometimes used but I didn't have any bird seed on hand.  The only birds I ever see around here are pigeons and a lot of people would argue whether they are really birds or not!  A friend of mine calls them "rats with wings".  So you can imagine why I don't feed the "birds".  Anywho, you can fill this little box with rice or bird seed.  ;o)



The round June calendar is also from The Cutting Cafe's 2009 Calendar Printable Stamp Set.
Regina is having a Mother's Day 2 for 1 sale until midnight (PST) tonight.  She's got some wonderful printable stamps with teacher themes.  They would be perfect to use for your end of the year teacher gift projects.

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Kay, how stinkin' creative is this??!!! I LOVE it!!! You must tell me where/what ribbon you used...gorgeous!

The Seussical is soooo fun, we went a couple years ago when it was at my dd's middle school!

Have a super week ♥Kay♥

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous Kay! I love that pearl studded tulle and that ribbon is positively drool inducing!

How exciting to see you son in Seussical! Have a great week!

(-: Heidi

Tracy said...

Stunning!!! What a fabulous idea Kay, so creative.
Hugs T x

Ann said...

Gorgeous color combo! I love all the details on this!

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kay! I love the tulle and the ribbon!!

papertrails leaver said...

oh that ribbon and embossing are just gorgeous! I love this rice container you made!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! what an awesome idea!!
beautiful work!
~rae

Regina Easter said...

oh my word, i didn't comment on this..yikesssssssss...this is gorgeous...hugs

Michele Kovack said...

This is a gorgeous little box!!! Good luck to your son on his musical!

Ingrid said...

What a gorgeous box, Kay. And that ribbon is to die for. ;-) Enjoy your son's performance tonight. Have a wonderful time!

xoxo

Erica said...

What a super idea for this box and a lovely design you've made for it.