Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Card Patterns Sketch #13

I really like this week's sketch at Card Patterns. This was a fun card for me to make because it's a happy card!

Out for publication: CARDS - October 2009

The bumblebee is a die cut from Fancy Pants. I also used a black paper frill from Doodlebug and randomly bent it so that it looks like a little "skirt". There is more hand stitching on this card because of my crazy sewing machine. Let's just say my sewing machine is not playing well with others right now! ;o)

Thanks for taking a look-see!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, Kraft
Patter paper: Pink Paislee
Die cut: Fancy Pants
Paper frill: Doodlebug
Letter stickers: American Crafts
Rhinestones: Kaisercraft, Chenille Kraft
Stamp & ink: Papertrey Ink
Floss: Making Memories

9 comments:

Lana Clarke said...

This is so striking Kay. Such a happy card
Hugs
Lana x

Ingrid said...

This card is gorgeous, Kay. The bumblebee is so cute. And guess what....I almost used the same ribbon on my 2S4Y card as you did on this one. ;-)

xoxo

Lea L. said...

Eeeek...how cute is this card?! I love it...especially the cute little bumblebee!

Your comment about me, American Idol, and Adam last night cracked me up! I was irritated...you totally called it!

Have a great day,
~Lea

whoistracy said...

Kay this is wonderful! Love the kraft base and that little bee. And the hand stitching is perfect!!

Thanks for playing along with us!

~amy~ said...

An Absolutely ♥HAPPY♥ Kay Card!!! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

This is just bee-utiful Kay! (Sorry, I couldn't help myself!) lol! I really do love this! So happy and adorable! That yellow Gingham ribbon is delish!

(-: Heidi

Ann said...

Eeee! Too cute! I love the bee and the yellow gingham paired with the red bg!

Daniela Dobson said...

How fun is this!!! Love the colors and the bee is adorable. Love the skirt, too.

Anonymous said...

Love your card!! Fabulous color combo, and the patterns and textures you incorporated onto the card are fantastic. So glad you could join us this week.