Friday, April 24, 2009

It's a Sunshine Day!

Do you remember the Brady Bunch song "It's a Sunshine Day"?  Oh my goodness!  I've had this song in my head and it's officially driving me crazy!  LOL


Wow!  What a difference a few days can make!  It's going to be close to 90 degrees in the Northeast over the weekend.  In fact, we could hit a record high for this time of the year.  So, here's a little "Sunshine Day" kind of card for you.

This is for Laura's lovely Sketch 24 at 2 Sketches 4 You.  You should check out their design team.  They are SO talented and have created some amazing cards for this sketch!  Speaking of their design team, they are having their Summer Design Team call right now so if you're interested be sure to check out all the details.  Laura and Kazan are such sweet gals and I know being on their team would be big fun! 


Anywho, here is the card I made for the sketch.  It's a little something to celebrate the gorgeous weather we have in store for us.  I used the Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge to make the sun.  I made a knot in the ribbon, punched a hole in the sun and pulled the ribbon ends through the hole and then attached the ends to the underside of the cardstock.



I hope you all have a fun filled weekend!  Bye, for now!
Supplies:
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics
Pattern paper:  GCD Studios, Doodlebug
Stamp:  American Crafts
Ink:  Tsukineko
Ribbon:  Offray
Rhinestones:  me & my BIG ideas
Punch:  EK Success
Tools:  Cricut with Doodlecharms cartridge; Cuttlebug with Swiss Dots embossing folder

8 comments:

Regina Easter said...

very cute Kay, yes it has been sunny here lately, today is a bit cloudy though

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable card Kay! So bright and happy! It makes me smile!

I sure hope you went out for that DT Kay! I'm rooting for you if you did! I had tons of fun with them!

Have fun tonight!

(-: Heidi

~dawne said...

This is definitely a bright, sunshiney card & I love it. These colors make me smile.

Daniela Dobson said...

This is so cute and fun and bright!!! Love it!
Have fun tonight.

Laura Davis said...

Super cute Kay!! I love how bright & fun this card is:)
Thanks for playing and have fun at the show:)
Laura

Ingrid said...

What a gorgeous and bright card, Kay. I love it!! I truly hope you tried out for the DT yourself. ;-)

xoxo

Lana Clarke said...

Oh this really is such a happy and sunny card Kay
Hugs
Lana x

cnelson said...

what a fabulous card! looooooove the colors!