Thursday, April 30, 2009

2 in 1

I'm never clever enough to combine two challenges into one card but there is a first time for everything and the stars must have been aligned!  The challenge over at Bitten by the Bug is to use any cut on the Doodlecharms cartridge BUT to use the "border" feature.  The border feature will cut that image with three of them connected together, like a cute border.  


Then, the Card Patterns sketch this week looks like this.  So you can see why the two challenges were easy to put together!



Here's what I did.



Now on a different note.  Do you like to window shop?  I do a lot of gazing and dreaming.  Many times I'll glance and walk, walk and glance but the past couple of weeks there is one window that always has me stopping in my tracks.  This is why I'm pressing my nose against the window!


Seriously, how gorgeous is this handbag!  It's a Valentino for the price of $2495.00.  I told you, I do a lot of DREAMING!  :o)


Have a fabulous day and here's to all your dreams coming true!  Cheers!  ♥♥


Supplies:

Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics
Pattern paper:  KI Memories, SEI
Ribbon:  Offray
Felt photo corner:  American Crafts
Floss & Edge distresser:  Making Memories
Buttons:  own stash
Rhinestones:  Martha Stewart
Rub on:  K&Company
Tools:  Cricut with Doodlecharms cartridge, Cuttlebug with Swiss Dots embossing folder

11 comments:

Jaspere said...

Way to go. Lately I'm lucky if I complete one challenge *LOL* Love that black and white ribbon you used and how many stamps come with that bag :)

whoistracy said...

Kay this is so bright and fun! It just makes me smile. Love it.

So glad you could join us again on CP.

Michelle aka Otomon said...

I love that card! The colors are perfect and you know I love the gingham ribbon!;) I can't see the pic of the bag but I'll check back later because I sooo want to see it!

Anonymous said...

Well, that purse is fabulous, but so is your card!!! :) Love the bright colors and how they pop off of the black and white background. Great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us again at CP!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness Kay! This card is soooo cute! I love it!

FABulous bag! I see why it's got you dreaming!

(-: Heidi

Ann said...

This card is FABulous! I love the colors, the gingham, and Swiss Dots--so yummy!

Regina Easter said...

love your take on the challenge and i so love that purse...a girl can dream can't she....oh darn go make it a real dream and buy it...(smile)

Sonya said...

Wonderful card, love the 'pop' of colour on the black and white.

~amy~ said...

Oh Kay....LOVE your CP Card!!! It simply screams happy!!!!

Dang, love that bag...I kind of have an addiction to purses/bags..it would probably be shoes but unfortunately I wear a size 4 and there isn't much to pick from...pros and cons to that....so I spend my $$ on bags and craft stuff...life is good.

Kitty said...

That is indeed a gorgeous bag. It boggles my mind to think people have the money to go out and just buy this kind of thing.....maybe someday :) You could always make a card inspired by the bag....

Ingrid said...

Gorgeous take on the CP sketch. And that handbag......I ♥♥♥ it!

xoxo