Monday, September 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Tin

Happy Monday to my wonderful friends!  Did you have a good weekend?  Mine was super!  Family, football watching, relaxing, and shopping. What more could a girl want?!

The past few months have been very busy for me and I haven't had my usual amount of time for crafting or visiting my favorite blogs. But, it seems like things have finally slowed down a bit.  Whew!  In all of my busyness I've neglected my much loved Papertrey Ink goodies so I was more than happy to sit down over the weekend and put together this birthday tin.  

The inside of this rectangle hinged tin is filled with Hershey's Milk Chocolate Nuggets. This tin (approximately 5.5 x 3.5) is perfect to fit 12 Nuggets.  I used the polka dot label stamp from Papertrey Ink's Holiday Treats set to make the candy wrappers.  All I did was stamp Avery #8160 white address labels with the polka dot label stamp, stamp the little flower bouquet in the middle and then wrapped them around the Hershey's Nuggets!  Super easy!  The flower bouquet can be found in the Wonderfully Whimsical stamp set. 

Then I dressed up the tin with some pattern paper, ribbon, tags and a button.  Viola!  You've got an inexpensive gift to give someone! You'll find the full list of supplies I used below.  





Enjoy your week!  I'm excited that Fall officially begins in a couple of days.  Yay!  As you probably know, it's one my favorite seasons! 

Supplies:  
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink - Holiday Treats (polka dot label), Wonderfully Whimsical (flower bouquet), Background Basics:  Tin Types, Beautiful Blooms II (flower), Mega Mixed Messages ("wish"), Star Prints ("It's your day"); Pattern Paper:  GSD Studios;  Cardstock, ribbon: Papertrey Ink;  Address Labels:  Avery (#8160); Cardstock tag: Maco (found at office supply store); Ink:  Papertrey Ink; Staz On by Tsukineko; Cording:  Sulyn Industries (available at Wal-Mart); Twine: Martha Stewart; Circle punch:  EK Success; Button, tin:  own supply; Hershey's Milk Chocolate Nuggets