Monday, May 17, 2010

Enjoy the Moment

Happy Monday to you!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!


It's time for another marvelous 2 Sketches 4 You sketch.  This week's was created by Laura and our sponsor is The Stamping Boutique.  I used An Uncommon Friendship digital stamp for my card.  This card gave me the opportunity to practice my Copic skills and although I still have A LOT of learning and practicing to do, I feel like I'm slowly getting the hang of it!




I wasn't sure about stamping the sentiment on textured cardstock but it gave a distressed look that I actually like a lot!  Also, If you look closely you might see a tiny pink pearl I added to the mermaid's bikini top.  :)


I hope you can join us this week at 2 Sketches 4 You.  Have a marvelous week and enjoy the moment!


Supplies:  Digital stamp:  The Stamping Boutique; Pattern paper:  Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye; Cardstock:  American Crafts, Papertrey Ink; Stamp (sentiment): Papertrey Ink; Pearl:  KaiserCraft; Scallop die:  Nestabilities - Spellbinders; Ink:  ColorBox, Papertrey Ink; Thread:  Coats; Markers:  Copic

9 comments:

AVinNYC said...

Oooh- COPIC! When you're a pro, will you teach me? I haven't used mine to their full potential, and I'm feeling guilty! :) Love the pearl on her top!

June Houck said...

I like! Your copic coloring is looking good; the mermaid's hair look fantastic. I also like the gem you put on her bra...that's a great idea.

Re: your sentiment
I had a happy accident like that for the birthday card I posted here:
http://simplyelegantpapercrafts.blogspot.com/2010/05/gypsy-giveaway-blogoversary-candy-baby.html
The flower is a solid stamp, but when stamped and embossed on Bazzill, it came out textured!

cnelson said...

This is just the cutest!!! Love the darling image! What a perfect sentiment to go with the image!

Kathy Martin said...

Robin...this is awsome! Love your coloring and that sea turtle! :)

Courtney Baker said...

Super cute!

Regina Easter said...

hi Robin,very pretty...i am loving the teal color, it seems to be the in color these days...

Ingrid Danvers said...

Hey girlie, I am soooo behind on your blog. Sorry! This card is really pretty. You did great on the coloring. It really looks good.

xoxo

~amy~ said...

LOVE it Kay...great job with the coloring....you're rockin' your copics girlie!!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, and such a sweet image! Love those intense colors too!

(-: Heidi