Monday, April 12, 2010

I made the Bonus Sketch!

I had the special assignment of creating the Bonus Sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You and I was so excited!  I didn't want the sketch to be too simple or too complicated so hopefully it looks okay.  LOL! Remember, you don't have to follow it with exact precision.  It's to give you something to base your card on and to inspire you.  And, most of all, to have fun!


Here is my sketch (drawing straight, nice cornered lines was not easy. Ha!):



And ... here is my card!




The " {Happy}" and "birthday" words are stickers!  Don't they look like rub ons or stamps?  They are made by SRM Stickers and are the highest quality clear stickers I have ever used!  What I love about them is they are not glossy or shiny and you can see on my card that the edges of the stickers are not visible. How amazing is that!?!  They are seriously fabulous and I LOVE them!  Yep, you know it .. I have good news for you!  There will be a REALLY big SRM Stickers prize for the 2 Sketches 4 You Card of the Week!  I hope to see you at 2 Sketches 4 You and I would be thrilled if you're able to play along with my Bonus Sketch!  


Have a truly wonderful week my friends!


Supplies:  Sentiment Stickers:  SRM Stickers; Pattern Paper:  Jenni Bowlin, GCD Studios, Papertrey Ink; Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink, Recollections (Michaels); Stamp, Ink:  Papertrey Ink; Felt Flower:  Martha Stewart; Brad:  own supply; House Journaling Card:  Jenni Bowlin; Ribbon:  M&J Trimming; Border Punch:  Fiskars; Thread:  Coats; Safety Pin:  Westrim Crafts

15 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Your card is gorgeous!!
Luzma

Kathy Martin said...

Awesome sketch and card! So colorful! LOVE that ribbon! :)

AVinNYC said...

Wow- what a great sketch! I love all the work you're doing on the design team!!!!!

cnelson said...

I could not love your sketch or your card more!!! I can't wait to play!!! You are such an inspiration!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh this is a great one! I can't wait to try it myself!

Anonymous said...

Yay Kay! That bonus sketch is just perfect! I am super busy this week, but I am really gonna try to use your fabbie sketch!

Lov ethe card you created with it too. It has such a happy country vibe and that stitched tag is so fun!

(-: Heidi

Ingrid Danvers said...

You're not only an amazing card maker, but also a great sketch designer. Love your sketch AND card!! You did a fab job, girlie. I have to play along, don't you think?

xoxo

Bonita Rose said...

SCROLL DOWN on my blog.. i made one based on ur sketch today.. can't wait for the ippity hop on wed!! can't wait to see what u created! xo bonnierose

~amy~ said...

well, check you out girlie!!!! Multi-talented...that's for SURE! I love your sketch and OY...your cards is super Kay Fabbie-licious! woot woot!!! You know that I'll be playing along later this week....tons of fun Kay!!!

Danielle Flanders said...

gorgeous card! I really love these colors! XO
Danielle

Lea L. said...

Awesome sketch friend! I have it on my to do list for this week! The card is fabulous too...I love the house shape that the sentiment is on! The colors are fabulous too...I love the little bit of yellow in the background!

♥♥♥Lea

June Houck said...

Just looking at your card makes me happy! You have it all: ribbon, red, BasicGrey, stitching, fun border, flower, tag...gorgeous :)

Evelin said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog :)
Love your sketch & now, your blog too :)

Cecilie @ ancema.dk said...

I had to do my own version of your beautiful card - if you want you can see mine here: http://chezcecilie.blogspot.com/2010/04/bestilling-pa-bryllupskort.html

Thank you for a beautiful blog.

Anonymous said...

This is so stinking cute. i love the layering, the charm, the stitching---ok, I love everything about it. I have a birthday card to give to my best friend of 45 years and I use yours for inspiration! Thanks for sharing it.