Thursday, February 4, 2010

Out of the Square?

How about a shaped card for you today?  I'm always drawn to cards that are not a "typical" size and shape however, I realized I don't make them very often.  Why?  Could it be that I don't think "out of the square" or maybe it feels daunting to me?  I don't know the reason but I do know that after I made this card I was happy with myself.  I took a chance.  
Here's to taking a chance today!
Supplies:  Pattern Paper, Journaling Card:  GCD Studios; Cardstock, stamp, ink:  Papertrey Ink; Doilie:  Wilton; Button:  Doodlebug Design; Chipboard Alphabet:  Heidi Swapp; Cording:  Sulyn Industries; Pearls:  Kaisercraft; Thread:  Coats & Clark 

11 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Oh this is so cool and beautiful Kay!
hugs
Laura

Courtney Baker said...

And that chance totally paid of girl! LOVE IT.

AVinNYC said...

Oh my goodness- that is SO cute! I hope you're having a good day- wonderful work as always!!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

What a wonderful card!! ♥♥

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love everything about his Kay...the colors, the patterns and of course that great shape!

Yay for trying something new!

(-: Heidi

Regina Easter said...

hey kay girl....this is super adorable....love that yellow..hugs

Ingrid Danvers said...

Hey sweetie, you already know that I LOVE this card. It's really gorgeous. You rock the GCD products!!

xoxo

Lea L. said...

This is so cute Kay!! I love how you've used the doily on this! It is fabulous!!

♥Lea

~amy~ said...

Hey sista...CUTE shaped card...love the fun colors!!!!

June Houck said...

Kay, you rock getting out of the square :) I need to try to do this more often! Thanks for the inspiration, Sweetie.

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Just gorgeous! I love the shaped card!! Your color combo is fabulous!