Monday, October 19, 2009

Gettin' Crafty with it!!

When I went to visit my parents several weeks ago, my Mom had a recipe for these fun spider web cupcakes.  We had a blast making them and they were very yummy, too!  The spider web is made from white chocolate that we drizzled on wax paper.  The wax paper had a web template placed underneath.  Once the chocolate hardened, we carefully peeled it off the wax paper and placed it on the cupcake.  The spiders are similar to confetti so they have to be removed before eating.


Next is a paper mache' haunted house that I'd like to share with you.  My mom painted it black but my guy did ALL the decorating, I just stood back and watched the glitter fly!  There is a lot of glitter on it and I just can't imagine it any other way!!  We had a lot of fun with this!






I hope you enjoyed our projects and that you'll find yourself "Gettin' Crafty with it" today! 

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

Okay, #1, I'm craving cupcakes now...breakfast of champions and all that...they are sooooo super SWEET!!!

#2...you're kidding me?! Your boy created that fantabulous haunted house??!!!! It totally and absolutely rocks....I think that boy deserves 2 cupcakes...he can have mine :) LOL

Have a super week ♥Kay♥

cnelson said...

Your creations are sooooooooooo fabulous!!!!

papertrails leaver said...

glitter and cupcakes are 2 of my favorite things!

Teresa Kline said...

oh my goodness those cupcakes are so very cuuute, great job.....have a wonderful evening!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

Oooh, those cupcakes are just too fun! They look like they came from some fancy shmancy bakery!

Love that awesome haunted house too! That kid of yours is one crafty guy!

(-: Heidi

Courtney Baker said...

Oh my those are cute and they look so yummy. And your son did an awesome job on the decorating... he's good... must be genetic!

Kim Dellow said...

Wow that house is fabulous and those cupcakes are just scrummy looking. KIm

Jennifer Beason said...

Yummy looking cupcakes!!! Love how you did the webs on the top!

Your son's haunted house is just too awesome!!! :)

Regina Easter said...

wow wow wow wow...check out your family...gosh everyone is talented...

Jaspere said...

Wow these are so fun and in theme.