Friday, April 3, 2009

Spring has sprung!

We had a wonderful spring break and as usual it went by too fast!  Summer break will be here before we know it!


I wasn't able to do many cards over the past couple of weeks but here is one of the first ones I just finished.  It's for Kazan's wonderful as usual sketch at 
2 Sketches 4 You.  Those girls always know how to bring out the best in everyone.  I'm very excited that CARDS magazine asked to use one of my recent
2 Sketches 4 You creations for their August issue.  Thank you so much for your inspiration Laura and Kazan!

I used some playful new goodies from Sassafras.  A person simply can't go wrong with these colors!

These new flowers are also Sassafras.  They are called Paper Whimsies and you can mix, match and layer them anyway you wish.  LOVE THEM!

Enjoy your weekend.  It's here!  :o)
Supplies:
Cardstock & alphabet:  American Crafts
Pattern paper & die cut flowers:  Sassafras
Scallop border:  Creative Imaginations (Creative Cafe')
Rhinestones:  Martha Stewart
Rub-ons:  K&Company; Karen Foster

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

SWEET Sassy card!!!!

Daniela Dobson said...

I need to get those flowers!!! Love this cars, so fabulous!!!! I really love your style.
Congrats on the pub!

Anonymous said...

cute, love the colors you used

Anonymous said...

You gotta love Sass Lass! Oooh and I totally love what you did with yours! This is wonderful Kay...so playfull and happy!
Big congrats on your pub! ;-)

Happy Friday!
(-: Heidi

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Fabulous card-I love the colors you used! Congrats on getting published-that's fantastic!!!
-Michelle :)

Unknown said...

whoo hoo. congrats on the pub Kay - your work is amazing so we are super excited to see you in print too :) This card is gorgeous - I love the blue blocks - Ultra cool :)
Hugs
Kazan

cnelson said...

so cute! love those colors! Congrats on the pub!!

Ingrid said...

Wow....another lovely card. I so love the colors and flowers. You did a great job, Kay. Congrats again on the pub. You know that I am very excited and happy for you.

xoxo