Monday, April 13, 2009

A little something....

I hope you all had a very special Easter weekend with your families.  We SO enjoyed our time together and I was once again reminded of how incredibly blessed I am in more ways than I could ever count!

These little cards were sitting around feeling left out so I thought I'd post them! 


I put some pattern paper on the inside of this one.


This is a sympathy card but I'm not happy with how it turned out.  And, I just didn't feel like trying to figure out why I don't like it.  Do you ever have cards like that?  Most of the time I will work with the card until I get a feeling of what it needs but this one, nope!  Don't know why, but nope!



Have you seen the April/May issue of Simply Handmade?  I've just got to get a subscription to this magazine!  It's got the sweetest, most adorable handmade projects in them.  I was looking at their blog and they are giving away a Sizzix Big Shot and a QuicKutz Silhouette to two winners.  Here is the link if you want to enter!

Also, The Cutting Cafe' is still having their 2 for 1 sale until tomorrow.  There is some cute, cute stuff over there!

I hope you have a great week.  It's STILL cold here!  Oh my!  When will I ever get rid of that ugly brown coat of mine!!    ;o)

Supplies for "You Mean the World to Me":
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics
Pattern Paper:  Dream Street, Basic Grey
Suede Flower:  Maya Road
Felt Vine:  Prima
Ribbon:  Basic Grey
Rhinestones:  Hero Arts, me & my BIG ideas
Rub on:  Crate Paper
Thread:  Coats
Corner Rounder:  EK Success
Border Punch:  Fiskars

Supplies for "so sorry":
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey, Crate Paper, Fancy Pants, Sassafras
Velvet Flower: Maya Road
Chipboard Flower:  Melissa Frances
Pearls:  Kaiser
Letter Stickers:  Basic Grey

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean about not liking a card and not knowing why. The funny thing is, some of the cards that I was least thrilled with ended up being quite popular with everyone else. We are our own worst critics!

These, in my opinion, are both gorgeous!

(-: Heidi

Regina Easter said...

oh my I totally love your style Kay, these two cards are stunning....so glad you decided to post them....hugs

~amy~ said...

OhMyGoodness Kay....such gorgeous cards...I ♥♥♥ them!!

Ingrid said...

I totally agree with Heidi. Your cards are gorgeous, Kay. Shall I send some nice spring weather your way? ;-)

xoxo

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Beautiful! I love those flowers! I have cards I'm not happy with or some, as the one now, that it needs SOMETHING and I can't figure out what!