Saturday, March 21, 2009

Guest Designer for Card Patterns!

This week I had the pleasure of being the Guest Designer for Card Patterns.  I created this card for Sketch #7 and I thought it was begging for some new Pink Paislee paper.  I love Pink Paislee and it is definitely in my Top 5 favorite paper lines. 


For the butterfly, I used two stick pins to make antennae and cut a flower in half to layer behind the wings.  On the bottom of the card I used the Upper Crest border punch by Fiskars.  I punched two borders, layered them and then bent the paper slightly to give it a more dimensional effect. 


Card Patterns' sponsor for this week's sketch is Scrap My Memories.  They will be giving away a beautiful card kit so be sure to check out the challenge and play along.  Plus, you could be chosen as their Guest Designer or as one of their Top 5!  Card Patterns has a truly talented Design Team so get ready for some amazing inspiration!

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Bazzill Basics
Pattern Paper:  Pink Paislee
Brad:  Pink Paislee
Chipboard (butterfly & button):  Pink Paislee
Pattern sticker:  Pink Paislee
Rub on:  Pink Paislee, Cosmo Cricket
Chipboard (scallop frame):  Maya Road
Flower:  Bazzill (Imaginisce)
Pearls:  Kaiser
Stick Pins:  Dritz
Border Punch:  Fiskars
Paint:  Delta
Ink:  ColorBox

11 comments:

Ingrid said...

Wow....your card is gorgeous, Kay. You really rocked the sketch and....the Pink Paislee PPs. Glad to have you as our guest designer this week!

xoxo

Tiffany Heilman said...

What a fantastic job! Your card is gorgeous.

~amy~ said...

WoW! Truly delightful!!

Hanneke van der Linde said...

This card is gorgeous, Kay!! So love these papers! It's perfect!!

xoxo

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card!

patti west said...

What a beautiful card, Kay! Congrats on the CP guest DT spot!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kay!

This is so beautiful! I love, love, love those stick pin antennae...so clever!

(-: Heidi

Michelle aka Otomon said...

Gorgeous card, Kay! I love Pink Paislee pps too; I ordered some a week ago and am anxiously awaiting their arrival....
Congrats on the GD spot!
Michelle :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

ooooohhh! I love your ability to combine so many elements.

Jenn G said...

Kay, I just LOVE this card, it is gorgeous. I think it is so clever how you used the stick pins- what a great idea!!!

Anonymous said...

this is so pretty