It's a snowy day today and it seems to be snowing a lot! It's gorgeous! I just love how snow looks on trees. I will say it's hard to get around in it because the snow kept hitting me right in the eyes. Never do I remember to take my umbrella! Some day I'll learn.
The Caardvarks challenge was too much fun because the theme was polka dots. Who doesn't love polka dots?! I made this card thinking it would be good for a house warming and then I thought it would work to give to someone who just got home from college or even someone getting home from military service. Don't they deserve a huge "welcome home!!"
The papers I used are Sassafras, Basic Grey and Collage Press. I cut out the little blue bird from a Sassafras paper. The birdhouse is a Basic Grey chipboard buckle that I covered with Collage Press paper. Then, the little birdy "door" is a little Melissa Frances frame. I covered the roof with Maya Road ric-rac to make it look like shingles. The alphabet stickers are Basic Grey and the ribbon and lace is from my own supply. I actually busted out the sewing machine on this card. I'm always hesitant to use my machine but I realized if I go REALLY REALLY slow it works out okay. I'm going to use my machine more often because I love that sewn look!
3 comments:
Gorgeous card. I love the blue and brown....perfect color combo!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I will be checking yours, because I see more eye candy over here.
This is just sheer genious...I love everything about this card!!
This is adorable, love the little house.
Post a Comment