Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kazan's Sketch 20

Another great sketch at 2S4U this week!  Here is my take on it.



I flipped out last weekend when I saw this cute little owl at Borders book store. They have a Paperchase area where they sell their own brand of wrapping paper, gift bags, cards, etc.  Low and behold there was a felt bag with this darling little owl on it.  I cut it out and even have some extra felt left over!  The original wings were bright pink, or kind of a salmon color.  I really visioned her with polka dot wings so I "plucked" her feathers and gave her new wings!
  
There was also a felt bag with 4 little cupcakes on it that I had to nab!

Supplies:  
Pattern Paper:  SEI, Jenni Bowlin, Basic Grey, Creative Imaginations
Owl:  Paperchase (Borders book store)
Photo Corner: Heidi Swapp
Felt flower:  hand made
Alphabet:  Making Memories, Pink Paislee, Heidi Grace
Flower:  Prima
Metal rim:  Making Memories
Gem:  K&Company
Tiny pearl:  Kaiser
Ribbon:  own supply

Unfortunately, I don't know the brand for the blue/green scroll-ish paper.  Wouldn't you know out of the entire sheet I cut the portion with the brand information and adhered it before realizing!  I'm thinking it looks like Creative Imaginations or maybe Fancy Pants...?  If anyone knows who makes this paper, please let me know!  ♥♥  Of course, it's my last sheet!    **update**  Thanks to Dawne the case of the mystery brand paper was solved!  It's Creative Imaginations.  Dawne, you're the best!!
So, on a random note.....I'm a huge clutz!  I fell going down some stairs at a friend's house a couple of days ago.  I was too busy yapping away, not paying attention and WHAM down I went!  Right on my tush! Needless to say it's a little difficult for me to get up and down.  Sitting for a long time is not comfortable so it took me a little longer to make this card.  :o) The moral of this story is I MUST remember I'm not coordinated enough to walk down stairs and talk at the same time!  I'm always telling my son to "focus".  Hmm...I need to heed to my own advice!

11 comments:

~dawne said...

Girl...I'm so enjoying your creations. You are so talented & this card is no exception. LOVE IT.

P.S. the green scrollish paper is Creative Imaginations

Unknown said...

Wow this is such a cutie - I read your entire post to get the juicy details on how you made it and I am sooo going to Borders! Thanks for the inspiration and oh yea, do be careful down those stairs will ya - focus ;)
Hugs
Kazan

Anna the Great said...

You inspire me so much!
Go on http://ruffruffbark.blogspot.com
i hope i inspire you!

Anonymous said...

Aaah this is so sweet !!! I LOVE it !!

**Nancy** said...

CUTE!!! I love the owl!!!

Ingrid said...

Kay, this card is gorgeous. That owl is so cute. Did I already tell you that your cards ROCK? ;-) Sorry to hear you fell down the stairs.

xoxo

cnelson said...

that card couldn't be cuter! looooove it!! soon hope that you recover from the fall soon...ouch. be careful on those stairs now!

Lea L. said...

This is just utterly darling!! Loving that sweet little felt owl! I want one now...hee hee! Great job with Kazan's sketch!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness!! This is just too stinkin' CUTE! Score on finding that owl!
I hope you recover quickly from your little spill! Careful on those stairs!
(-: Heidi

Ewonne said...

Wow! This is just so cute!!! Love the little owl ♥

Michelle aka Otomon said...

I am in love with that owl! I hope your butt is better soon! :)